Troubleshoot:Cannot Delete My Gadget?

Sometimes when you click on edit link on any gadget you don't get the delete button. You may feel quite uneasy when you won't see the delete button. Now, how to delete it? The same was that problems with people in forums too.

So as a solution I am writing this post for all of you;
When you don't get the delete button, it resembles that the gadget you are trying to delete is locked. You can find the locked widgets easily as locked widgets cannot be moved but other can. To delete the locked gadget follow below;

Deleting The Locked Widget;

  • Go to Dashboard>Template>Edit HTML.
  • In your template code search for the ID of the locked widget. If you don't know how to find widget ID, then see this tutorial.
  • Then remove the line containing the ID and save it and you are done.

Moving The Locked Gadget;

  • If you want to move it then you would have to change (locked="true") into (locked="false") in the same line and the save your template.
  • Then go to your layout and move it according to your wish and save it.
Now, you are done deleting the locked widget.
Happy Blogging!

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

2 comments

comments
Anonymous
April 15, 2013 at 9:48 PM delete

Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any suggestions?

My webpage - focalprice review

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
August 20, 2013 at 4:26 AM delete

Hi fantastic website! Does running a blog like this require a
great deal of work? I've absolutely no understanding of computer programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyway, if you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject however I just had to ask. Many thanks!

my web-site :: Dokar Balap

Reply
avatar